Grades K-5 gather in the Church on Wednesdays at 3:00 pm for prayer and then meet in the school for class.
Grades 6 and 7 meet on Thursdays at 4:00 pm in the school.
Our Religious Education Program provides for the spiritual life of those children and youth in our parish whose regular school curriculum does not include the study of the Roman Catholic Tradition.
Under the guidance of trained and experienced catechists and with the help of aides for the younger classes, children spend one and one-half hours each week learning about the Catholic Faith in a curriculum approved by the Diocese of Brooklyn-Queens.
Parents are asked to follow the procedures for registration which are noted in the Sunday bulletin and posted on the website. Registration for children already in the program can be done by mail in the summer proceeding the School year. Registrations for all other children must be done in person at the designated time. Proof of Baptism is needed at the time of Registration. Students who transfer into our program are asked to have copies of their Religious Education files sent from their previous church.
- A deep, working knowledge of the faith
- Liturgical formation for weekly Community worship
- Moral formation and opportunities for Reconciliation
- Foundations in prayer
- Experience of a variety of prayer styles
- Sacramental formation for Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation
- A strengthened sense of belonging to a Catholic community
- An experience of this community as faithful, loving and caring
- Family involvement in ongoing catechesis
- Opportunities for service within the Christian Community